Electrical Engineer – Intermediate-Senior - Waterloo, ON
Pier Structural Engineering Corp (P-SEC) is located in Waterloo, ON and provides professional engineering services for telecommunication and broadcast towers across Canada and the United States including inspections, structural analysis, reinforcement design and foundation design and analysis. P-SEC places a high emphasis on Safety and is a member of STAC in Canada and NATE in the United States.
P-SEC’s employees benefit from competitive base salaries, medical and insurance benefits, and RSP matching that will truly assist you in planning for the future. P-SEC believes in rewarding its employees' hard work and providing a rich learning environment. P-SEC also formally reviews base salary and performance bonus annually.
P-SEC is looking to hire an intermediate-senior electrical engineer in Waterloo, ON on a permanent full-time basis who will primarily be responsible for determining the need for electrical upgrades on communication towers, creating solutions for necessary upgrades, and liaising with clients.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Go to sites to obtain information on the existing electrical details (typical equipment includes generators, cabinets, shelters, and antennas
- Create general notes for electrical work
- Review and seal final drawing packages
- Liaise with local hydro companies to obtain relevant information
- Create drawings (or supervise the creation of drawings), including details such as:
- Electrical single line diagram
- Panel schedule
- Trenching details
- Bonding/grounding details
- Site layout for new equipment
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience;
- current Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) with PEO;
- minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience;
- solid working knowledge of the OESC, OBC, and applicable NFPA standards;
- ability to reliably meet deadlines; and
- proficiency in verbal and written English.
Previous experience performing electrical engineering upgrades for towers considered an asset. Submit your resume below by February 1, 2019.